Please read this entire article HERE. It’s something everyone with body image issues should be reading, maybe every single day. Just to be clear, I didn’t write any of this. It came from the blog in the link above. The rules are below, with my favorite point from each rule, but the blog talks A LOT more about each rule, and every word should be read. It’s an important message about loving yourself just as you are, right now, no matter what you look like, because you ARE worth loving.
- You are not obligated to be… (Has hate ever made anyone a better person?)
- Don’t talk sh*t about your body. (Aside from the fact that it makes conversations awkward, would you let a friend – or anyone – verbally abuse you? Then why allow yourself to do it?)
- Don’t talk sh*t about other people’s bodies. (“Go eat a sandwich” is as mean a thing to say as “go on a diet, fatty!”)
- Wear clothes that fit. (Whatever you like to wear, find the size that fits you…)
- Demand better treatment from healthcare professionals. (You deserve respect and attention from your healthcare professionals regardless of your size. Don’t accept abuse and condescension. And certainly don’t pay for it.)
- Find a way to move. (Just don’t go into it expecting to lose weight. Move to enjoy life more.)
- Stand up for yourself. (What they’re saying isn’t “I care about your health, total stranger, for I am a concerned citizen.” it’s “I find your body unacceptable and you should feel ashamed because I am insecure.”)
- Deal with your fat. (Don’t punish yourself for being fat by treating your body like garbage.)
- There are worse things in the world than being fat. (Hating yourself is pretty damn awful too. Trust me, it’s way worse than being fat.)
- Don’t expect to feel awesome about yourself every single day forever. (Given the world we live in, it’s really quite a revolutionary act to love yourself at all, even for a single hour.)
there should be a law or rule or limit on tumblr restricting how many gifs you can use in a post not under a cut.
can we get that instead of the message character limit?